Sunday 1 July 2018

What type of acne do I have?


Acne can form several types of skin blemish, each with a distinct appearance and symptoms.

Most minor acne blemishes respond to at-home care and over-the-counter medications. However, people with severe or long-term acne should speak with a doctor or dermatologist.
Acne affects around 80 percent of adolescents and young adults. About 40–50 million Americanshave acne at any given time.
The following are common types of blemish associated with acne:
·         whiteheads
·         blackheads
·         pustules, which are commonly called pimples
·         papules
·         cysts
·         nodules
Each type of acne lesion requires a different treatment. Receiving prompt, correct treatment can reduce the risk of long-term skin complications, such as dark spots and scarring.
Acne blemishes fall into two categories, depending on whether or not they cause inflammation of the surrounding skin.

Noninflammatory acne types
Whiteheads and blackheads are types of noninflammatory acne lesion. They are the least severe forms of acne.
Noninflammatory blemishes usually do not cause swelling and are not very painful.

Whiteheads
The medical term for whiteheads is closed comedones. These are small, whitish or flesh-colored spots or bumps. They usually have a white, circular center surrounded by a red halo.
A hair will sometimes emerge from the center of a whitehead, or it may appear to be trapped within the blemish.
The skin around a whitehead may appear to be tight or wrinkled, especially when the whitehead is large or especially raised.

Whiteheads typically do not cause scarring.

Blackheads
Blackheads are also called open comedones. They are small, black or dark-colored spots that may appear as slightly raised bumps.
The skin around a blackhead usually appears normal, while the center of the blackhead is darker than the surrounding area.
The coloration is not a result of trapped dirt. Blackheads are simply whiteheads that have opened and widened. When the contents of a whitehead are exposed to air, they darken.

Treatment options
Many over-the-counter rinses, moisturizers, gels, toners, and creams can treat noninflammatory acne blemishes. They often contain a mix of active ingredients.
The following ingredients in over-the-counter treatments can help to break down whiteheads and blackheads:
·         benzoyl peroxide
·         salicylic acid
·         sulfur
·         resorcinol

Also, several home remedies and lifestyle changes can help to reduce most minor-to-mild forms of noninflammatory acne. It may help to try:
·         washing the face with lukewarm water and soap twice daily
·         washing the whole body every 2 days
·         reducing stress
·         eating a healthful, balanced diet
·         staying hydrated
·         avoiding over-washing or irritating the skin
·         limiting exposure to the sun
·         always wearing sunscreen when outdoors

People should never pop acne blemishes. Doing so can lead to complications, such as:
·         nodules
·         cysts
·         scarring
·         dark spots
·         pitting




1 comment:

  1. Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348140073965 

    ReplyDelete